This privacy statement describes how Guaranteed Rate, Inc. collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.guaranteedrate.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Guaranteed Rate, Inc. is committed to protecting consumers’ and borrowers’ non-public personal information at all times. To that end, we employ and maintain extensive physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to ensure your non-public personal information is protected as a customer of Guaranteed Rate, Inc. In addition, we monitor technical enhancements and practices in the field of information security and privacy to ensure our safeguards remain an effective tool in protecting your non-public personal information.
How and Why We Collect Personal Information:
You provide nonpublic personal information to us so that we may help you try to meet your financial goals. Such information allows us to process your requests and transactions, keep you apprised of products and services that may be of interest to you, and enhance customer service by better understanding your financial needs. This information may include:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms (such as phone, Social Security and account numbers, assets, income and employment history);
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as your loan balance, payment history and other account information);
- Information we receive from mortgage settlement service providers (such as consumer reporting agencies);
- Information collected from your web browser when you visit our websites (such as date, time and areas of our websites that were visited).
Information We Collect When You Browse Our Website
We do not access information about your identity while you browse our website. Although we collect information about the date, time and area of our website that you visited, you remain anonymous to us. Only if you decide to apply for a loan with us directly or through a broker, do we collect any personally identifying information about you.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file.
We use session cookies to tailor your experience on our site. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
Our third party service provider employs a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Access To Information:
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may request us to correct, update, ,delete,deactivate it by emailing our Customer Support at
email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Categories of Affiliates and Non-affiliated Third Parties that Receive
Information from Guaranteed Rate, Inc.:
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of affiliates (within the Guaranteed Rate, Inc. family of companies) and nonaffiliated third parties (outside the Guaranteed Rate, Inc. family of companies):
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage lenders, mortgage bankers, banks, securities brokers, tax preparers, financial advisors and insurance agents.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law. Affiliates and non-affiliated third parties that receive your nonpublic personal information agree to keep that information confidential and to use it for only the function that we ask them to perform.
Third Party Services and Agreements:
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing or purchaser or seller agreements.
How We Protect Your Personal Information and Your Privacy:
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and agents who we determine need to know that information to provide products or services to you, service your account, or maintain the systems that support your account. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public information.
Does Guaranteed Rate Share My Personal Information with Third Parties?
Guaranteed Rate shares nonpublic personal information:
- To companies involved in the loan process such as appraisers, title companies, credit reporting companies and insurance companies and mortgage investors and mortgage servicers who are a necessary part of the mortgage transaction and therefore we must provide some of your information to these companies in order to process and fund your loan.
- With service providers that assist us with processes or functions. This includes overseas service providers for the processing or underwriting of loans.
- When you explicitly instruct us (Opt-In) to forward your application to another lender. Example: You may consider it beneficial for us to forward you loan application to another lender who may be able to help you in the event we are unable to offer you a loan that meets your needs. You may find this convenient since it means you may not need to search for another lender or complete another loan application. If you are interested in this benefit, you will be afforded to opportunity to opt-in at the end of the loan application.
Links To Other Sites:
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Guaranteed Rate. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Agreement and Contact
By clicking on any button indicating an acceptance or agreement to terms, a continuance of processing or submission you understand that you are agreeing to the stated terms and conditions of that submission and that you are agreeing to the following:
- That you agree to have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions and agree to do business electronically with Guaranteed Rate.
- To receive important notices, and other communications at any telephone number or email address (including a mobile device) you entered so that Guaranteed Rate can contact you. This authorization removes any previous registration(s) on a federal or state Do-Not-Call (DNC) registry or any internal opt-out/unsubscribe requests you may have previously requested with Guaranteed Rate.
- That Guaranteed Rate or one of its third party associates may use an automatic dialing system in connection with calls made to any telephone number you entered, even if it is a cellular phone number or other service for which the called person(s) could be charged for such call.
Notice to California, New Mexico, North Dakota and Vermont Residents:
The information sharing practices described above are in accordance with Federal law. State law in Vermont, North Dakota, New Mexico and California, places additional limits on sharing information. In accordance with these laws, Guaranteed Rate will not share information we collect except:
- As required or permitted by law (such as in response to a subpoena) or;
- To companies that perform services on our behalf or;
- With your authorization or consent.
- or notify the address below:
Notification Of Privacy Statement Changes:
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Who Can I Contact For Privacy Related Issues?
You can contact us by mail at:
Guaranteed Rate, Inc.
Attn: Compliance Officer
3940 N. Ravenswood
Chicago, IL 60613